Sunday, May 17, 2020

57 things for the year

An update on my progress with the 57 challenge. This is where I have made a list of 57 things (duh) to do over the course of my 57th year.

Most of them have not been touched yet but the fitness ones I guess are all being supported by the running and cycling I am doing each day.

Updating the blog is happening - obviously!
Learning Spanish and Gaelic using Duolingo. Currently on a 31 day streak using the app and have been pretty conscientious in using it since New Year.
Adding at least one item to food bank box each time we shop has started.
I have stopped leaving the tap running whilst cleaning my teeth to save water.
I am smashing the 15000 steps a day target and am nearer 18000 for May.
I've made kimchi as part of the make chutney/homemade food challenge.
The best thing so far has been listening to a new album each week and I've been taking in more than one having listened to Perfume Genius (didn't enjoy very much), Harry Styles and Dua Lipa (did enjoy) and The Strokes (enjoyed a lot).

One of the most straightforward should be the 50 keepie uppies in terms of effort and opportunity to keep trying. I might give it a go shortly.

That would take me to 8 of the activities after just over a week, so a good start but these are ones that need to be sustained. Can I keep them going? I certainly intend to but what with one thing or another e.g. lockdown, |I may have to be creative in completing some.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...