Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Road bike and home school

It was a fun morning at home school with time on Maths, Science and English followed by PE which we did outside following suggestions from the outdoor schools lesson plans. That meant taking Maisy for a walk (not part of the plan but why not) and listening to the variety of sounds along the road and into the goat farm circle. We are going to create a sound map of the walk using Geography skills. The other aspect that kept the children focused was finding and photographing the differing mosses, lichens and mushrooms which will be used for Art and Science.

I got the lunch cooked and ready for when we got back and was able to make a speedy getaway in the afternoon to spend some time at the allotment to water some of the most needy seedlings and rake over part of the plot ready for some more planting. I got some peas, spinach, beetroot and radish in whilst listening to headphones in the sunshine. It was lovely.

I rode via Verwood which was the wrong way really but I was trying to put a few extra miles in as I prepare for the 57 mile bike ride. That meant a 22 mile round trip and one I thoroughly enjoyed, epecially as I was averaging over 15 mph on the return giving a good indication that I am feeling on form.

The album for the day was the new one by Enter Shikari.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...