Friday, September 07, 2018

Christchurch and a swim - Avon beach


Quite a day. Up early and able to get a 5 mile run completed before 8.30 and our trip to Christchurch. Alison and myself were collecting Bridie and Joy for a morning out starting with a swim at Mudeford. I have wanted to swim in September for some time but school has always got in the way. Having retired, have I mentioned that recently, I could now take advantage of the sunny morning and was the only person in the sea at 10.30. It was actually quite warm, certainly better than early summer, before the sea has warmed up. We had a coffee at the Noisy Lobster cafe and drove the short way to Christchurch.
It seemed we went into dozens of charity shops, as well as others, but that was most likely me feeling very hungry by lunchtime and desperate to find some food. We went to a sit down chippie and I got myself pea fritter and chips. Alison had homity pie. The waitress was great and clearly knew nothing about the pie. When asked how big it was, she replied it was pie-sized! She wasn't sure what was in it either.
On the way back to the car I watched a peregrine falcon and raven battle it out over the priory. It was an incredible site.
The lovely day continued with a walk round the goat farm and with a spaghetti bolognese using green lentils and porcini mushrooms. Very tasty and Joseph and Maria ate all their spaghetti, although without the sauce.
Maria and I took Maisie out again in the evening and spent some time in the conservatory with Alison.
Bridie has applied for 4 jobs and seems positive about the change in plans and Kate has a new job which is fantastic news to go with Joe's promotion. With Glen's work going well, it's been a good week.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...