Thursday, June 14, 2007

Year 11

I wasn't sure whether to put this on to be honest but I thought it would give an idea of why I enjoy teaching. I received this yesterday from a girl who has just finished school and it speaks for itself I think.

"If it wasn't for you I probably would be here today. I have learnt so much from you, you are such a great role model for a teacher. Every time I was misbehaving at school and I had to go to do duty room or isolation, and I didn't want to go you would just keep pushing and persuading me to go in there and you could never keep a straight face and be serious about the situation. That's why so many students look up to you, because you can have a laugh and then you know when the right times to be serious are. You ask students who their favourite teacher is and its always 'Mr Salmon'. Well anyway thanks to you I will hopefully be getting most of my 8 A - Cs that's what I'm predicted. I mean two years ago look where I was, one of the worst students in the school so I'm dedicating this letter to the most wonderful teacher and friend in the world. Thank you so much helping me get my life back on track."

Isn't that lovely. I even had a phone call from a student in Scotland to thank me and the school for our help in difficult times and then coincidentally, his mother also phoned to thank us for the support we'd given in helping them through some pretty awful times.

Makes a nice change!!

I didn't leave till after 7.30 though as I had to be around because of a difficult parent coming in for a meeting with two members of staff with a catalogue of complaints - so it's not all sweetness and light.

No comments:

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...