Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Breakfast with a Conservative

I never thought I'd say this but this morning I had an early start at school with a breakfast meeting with the Conservative Counicllor who will decide the winner of the competition to run the new school. My class war hackles had been raised at one of the public meetings a couple of months ago when the Conservative group behind me had been behaving like a bunch of privileged, upper class mummy's boys and I was not looking forward to seeing this guy to try and influence his decision which is made public on July 2nd.
As it turned out, he actually listened and was aware of how successful the school is, was convincingly honest and open, and appears to be favouring our preferred option. That was the impression anyway. We'll see what actually happens.

Joe is home from Coventry now - loads of stuff collected over the past 9 months including two goldfish that sploshed about on the car journey back.

No comments:

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...