Sunday, June 17, 2007

Verwood lose by just 99!

Our home game was played away due to a six a side tournament at Potterne as we took on CBBEA who have made a steady start to the cricket season. Despite the forecast rain, we managed to escape any showers but wished we hadn't by the end.

They scored 216 for just 3 wickets with one of those coming from a run out. My opening spell was as good as I've been all year and I got one of the openers out early on with a catch behind by Charlie making his debut as wicket keeper. Sadly, the other bowlers struggled and it was all too easy for the batsmen who coasted through the final over confident they had more than enough runs. With Verwood 70 for 9 after 24 overs that looked about right.

However, Chris J and I managed to push the score up to 117 before I was out LBW as usual but at least this week the ball hit my pad. I managed to top score with 36 hitting 6 fours and a couple of threes to avoid having to run!

It's not looking hopeful for us at the moment.

No comments:

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...