Monday, June 18, 2007

Fathers Day

I was up and about at 5.30 unable to sleep again so it wasn't the much anticipated lie in! Actually I don't think I ever remember that it is Fathers Day and I probably don't do enough to qualify for deserving a day off.
Having walked the dogs and spent an early morning at the gym I had to collect Glen from his sleepover at Alfie's where he and 6 other boys had celebrated Alfie's birthday with a trip to the Fantastic 4 movie before a quiet night where they were asleep by 4am apparently!
Alison and I had a walk round Blashford Lakes in the afternoon where I took some pictures I'll post later. Then it was round to Robin's to give him a mobile phone as a Fathers Day present. Alison and her sisters take it far more seriously than I do. I never thought I'd say this but I've lined up a Saturday away with my mother in law! A teacher at school umpires at Wimbledon and has given me ground passes for the middle Saturday so we're off on the train to the tennis as she loves the game. I don't really know anyone else who does.
I'm sure it will be great!
Iscape playing in the rain again by the look of it this evening with the momentum of a win behind us - more tomorrow.

No comments:

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...