Tuesday, April 09, 2024

WM allotment






Maria was back at dance yesterday evening, less than 48 hours after the big show which seemed a surprise to me. However, she enjoyed it droppng her off at 4.15 gave me a bit of time to head back and do some work at the small allotment before heading back to collect her. Ultimately I didn't get all that time there due to, quite unexectedly, a downpour which was far heavier than it first appeared likely to be.

Never mind. I did get on with raking the beds and getting a whole bunch of weeding done, as well as turning the compost over. In fact, there is some very good compost which will come in handy as the plants begin to emerge. Good for mulching, water retention and slow release of nutrients.

I got the last of the early potatoes in and should be picking those in about 12 weeks. The plan was to sow some seeds direct into the soil but the rain came and put paid to that.

Yesterday was my first five mile run in many months. I was pleased to get it done and without too much suffering. 

No comments:

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...