Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Frantic Monday





 It was another busy day in the sunshine with a 2 mile walk before breakfast followed by the usual chores of feeding the birds, emptying the bins, watering the seedlings and plants and cleaning the downstairs rooms. Jill was back and spent an hour with Joy which meant I was able to head off to the shop early and get the weekly groceries whilst the chickpeas and kidney beans I'd soaked overnight had the chance to simmer for an hour.

Juno and I went out for another 2 miles at 10 and on my return I got ready for the allotment at Wimborne, the batteries for the cordless strimmer and mower, some coffee and snacks and the rest of the seeds. It is looking pretty good after all the care on the grass pathways and there are the first flowers on the beans. I got lots more seeds in so that the beds are almost all in use, just some space left for the courgettes to come. It was a solid three hours before I went up to Maria's school to collect her and then got straight into making the tea, a vegetable curry which ended up needing to feed Bridie and Joseph who were bonus visitors. 

It was then time for another dog walk, 2.5 miles this time before home and collecting Joy for a trip down the road to the village hall for a concert by Verwood Brass Band which was lovely. Joy was almost in tears throughout. She loved it. Home by 8.15 meant I could finally stop after a very busy day but it was a prodcutive one.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...