Monday, April 24, 2023

Birthday weekend










I managed an hour at West Moors allotment on Friday evening on my way to collect Maria from dance and saw the broad beans are coming on from the autumn planting and that the onions and garlic too are holding their own. I managed to get some spinach seedlings in and am looking forward to plenty of productive beds this year after feeding the soil last autumn and having more seedlings to plant out.

Saturday was Alison's birthday and I had prepared most of the food for our visitors in advance which meant I could look after the children and allow Alison a bit of a rest, especially welcome after some chest pains in the middle of the week.

Maria was still in bed when I took Evie, Amelia and Joseph to the woods with a length of rope for a rope swing which they loved, as did Juno who got a lengthy run around the woods and the bluebells. After a pasta lunch, everyone set off for the Pavilion to watch a dance performance of Strictly Ballroom starring Kevin Clifton, except myself and the htree youngsters. We headed for Wimborne Town and their game against Bideford which ended 1 - 1 in front of their biggest ever crowd of 1040. With two players sent off near the end, Wimborne did well to hold on. 

We were off to the village green for Sunday morning after the girls and Joe and I walked Juno. Plenty of fun in the goals which Joseph loved, and then leftovers for a big lunch and a mass exodus so we could get a bit of a rest before the new week.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...