Monday, March 27, 2023

Potato planting

I neglected to take any photos from the allotment today but that is probably a good thing. They aren't that inspiring at the best of times and at the moment the beds are almost all bare. However, having taken Juno out in the dark this morning with the clocks going forward yesterday and done the usual chores, I did get out at lunchtime, tying the trip to collecting Maria from school.

The motorhome had already had an airing down to Verwood for grocery shopping and then the short trip to the village centre to return my lovely new coat which arrived with a torn sleeve, post the attendance allowance updated clain and to collect the tablets for Juno for her regular worming as part of the Healthy Pets plan. 

Having dug the beds previously, I was able to get the early potatoes in quickly at the allotment with 3 rows of 10 each in place for harvesting from June onwards. The maincrop are still to come, so plenty of spuds in a few months time and into the late autumn. I was also able to strim the grass before heading to collect Maria but I did a 5km run whilst parked up because I was early. It feels good to have got back into my stride and more to come hopefully.

Once home I got the grass cut for the first time this year and then varnished 55 wooden Easter eggs which are being used at the village hall event on Saturday. They were painted but the paint runs when the grass is wet, so the varnish is intended to stop that. It was lovely being sat in the conservatory doing that, warm at last.

Maria did well in a Spanish exam at school and headed off to dance from 5.00 - 7.30 in preparation for the show. Looks like Sunday mornings have been extended by 30 mins earlier and an hour ater meaning she is at the studio from 8.30 - 2.00 for the next two weekends. It will stop soon, fingers crossed.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...