Friday, January 20, 2023

Progress



It's been a busy day but one where there's been progress and I have been able to leave Joy to her own devices without too many worries.

Juno and I did our cold mile and a quarter at 6.15 before breakfast with the children and Alison. Once they had gone I was on to the bins, bird feeders, tidying and photographing more documents for the history website. There are a lot covering decades, even going back into the 19th Century and before then. We are uploading them for access to be available to everyone and anywhere.

I was out again into the woods at 10 after spending a bit of time with Joy who had got up for breakfast by 9. Once back, I got her settled and set out for another litter pick and then down to Morrisons. Joy coped really well and was able to enjoy a custard tart for elevenses and then some quiche for lunch. Alison was back by then but soon off again to collect Maria and take her to dance.

I spent some time playing my trumpet for Joy and she sang along to Abide With Me. I actually played it well!! It was also a good time to bring out Ode to Joy. 

Joseph came home and I made a start with the cauliflower curry, rice, spring rolls, samosas, naan bread and sides for tea. Glen joined us unexpectedly but he was very welcome and he made a big fuss of Grandma.

The photo of her was taken as I needed one for an application for a blue badge when we take her out, as she isn't very mobile. The other photo shows how lovely a day it was and the woods were looking great.

More crosswords and less confusion, although it is still there fairly regularly. After 11 days, Joy is like a new person, so maybe the next weeks can move things even further forward.
 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...