Thursday, January 19, 2023

Another day with plenty of sun





I am almost fully recovered from Covid and have been walking further with Juno and more frequently too. That it has been cold and sunny for the past few days has helped enormously, especially after the deluge of the past month. I have felt a good deal happier being out and about with the more solid ground under foot, although taking care with patches of ice. Alison reported 2 cars in the ditch and another on its roof when she drove to work on Tuesday morning, the black ice catching the unwary drivers out.

I popped into the Wimborne allotment this afternoon, a first visit since well before Christmas, and all looks well, plenty of frozen water but nothing damaged or spolit by the weather. I noticed the greens have almost all disappeared, rabbits being the cause, and they have nibbled the onions too. The greens are neither here nor there but the onions and garlic are intended for the spring/summer but they should recover.

I'd parked up at the school to pick Maria up and walked the mile and a quarter down to the allotment across country enjoying the views across the Stour. However, there was a lot of mud, this time thawed and slippery but I made it.

The other photo is from our morning dog walk with a beautiful sunrise.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...