Thursday, November 10, 2022

Digging the autumn





Main on the plan for the day was a trip to the allotment in Wimborne but before that I had the usual early morning dog walk in the dry for the second morning in a row with time to stop and enjoy the mass of rooks and jackdaws leaving their roost just after 6.30. Then it was breakfast with the children until the buses at 7.15 and 7.35 and a few minutes before feeding the birds and getting the bike out for a ride to Verwood where I got my flu vaccine at 8.45.

From there I popped over the Morrisons and then home for another walk with Juno, this time into the woods for 2.5 miles, a muddy old tramp through the damp paths deep with leaves.

I got a flask of coffee ready and took off in the motorhome for Wimborne but stopped to buy a few more garlic bulbs for planting at West Moors next week. I was greeted by the tool store having been blown over and the new frame for the seed trays under cover having also been blown over. It's happened both times I have visited recently and it is obviously too flimsy for the outdside world, hence packing into the motorhome for a trip back to Woodlands where it might survive more readily.

There was plenty of weeding to do with the ground still warm but also soft enough to make it easy enough. I have cleared most of the beds now and have enjoyed seeing the onions and garlic emerging in the bed nearest the compost heap. There are lots of greens still productive and they'll keep going until the spring. 

There was time to walk another 1.5 miles whilst waiting to collect Maria ahead of her dance lesson this evening and then tea with Joseph and his friend Charlie, over for a play before both were collected for home by their mothers.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...