Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Woods and allotment






I should have mentioned riding to Verwood in the previous post where I spent some time cutting the front hedge for Joy and then cutting the grass. Today I was back on the bike but this time it was to Wimborne for a few hours at the allotment. Juno is doing well for walks with plenty of time in the woods which is enjoyable in the midst of the continuing mostly dry weather.

Once in Wimborne I was able to plant out the remainder of the onions and to get the garlic in. That bed is nicely packed and promises good crops next summer. The next task was taking down the last of the beans sticks and spent plants and clearing the weeds which had taken root under the protection of the beans. I also got more of the strawberry plants out, harvested more greens and weeded other parts of the plot.

The final task today was putting together the mini greenhouse which is for planting seeds and bringing them on under shelter. I found having seedlings to plant worked far better than planting seeds direct into the ground during the summer and have found a solution, I hope. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

The ride home was longer than expected as one of the roads near home was closed due to water works, even for cyclists like me and I added a couple of miles to the total, 20 all told. 

The next task was cooking having done lentil soup earlier in the day. I started the chilli off and then moved on to hummus, then the rice and vegetables for Maria, as well as doing enough lentil burgers for later in the week.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...