Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Walking





Change is in the air as we move well into autumn but the threatened rain failed to materialise and we have enjoyed a warm day with plenty of time outdoors. Juno and I had been out before 6.30 for our morning walk in the dark. There's something nice about switching the headtorch off and walking the 1.2 miles in the first glimmerings of light coming from the sun which won't be up for another hour or so.

Maria and Alison were soon off to their respective schools which left me with the opportunity to vacuum upstairs and downstairs, including the stairs, cleaning and then specifically cleaning the oven with soda crystals and hot water. It was a bigger job than I'd expected so it was after 10 before Juno and I set out for the long morning walk, 3 miles towards the Horton Tower which you can just make out in the photos. Juno did a bit of posing along the way and we sped around, something I am trying to do having decided to have a break, perhaps permanent, from running. I have to recognise that mobility is such a privilege and I don't want to end up damaging my knees or anything else by pounding the streets and tracks of Woodlands. I still love doing it but are there risks involved e.g. damaging my ankle again? 

I'm hoping I can spend more time walking with Juno and intend to put some pace into it so that my heart is being exercised, and there is still the cycling too. We will see how it goes.

Once home I was off on the bike to Morrisons taking the longer way round by Sutton Holms for a few bits and pieces. I did over 7 miles and then spent a little while oiling the joints as it were and pumping up the tyres to ensure it is in the best condition. 

After some lunch I was back out, this time litter picking and found just the one empty blossom hill bottle. There were so many differing types of fungi on the roadside and I would love to be able to identify more of them. I might pop out and photograph some tomorrow.



 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...