Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Busy day catching up

It's been quite a day with Alison and Maria setting off for a day trip to Brighton early whilst I have stayed behind to get on with catch up jobs. However, I started with a dog walk as usual and then a 5km run before riding down to the village hall where I was having a meeting to organise the cider press event in October.

From there it was a ride down to Verwood to cut the lawns, back and front, for Joy, the first cut for several weeks due to the lack of rain which has killed off a lot of the gras for the time being. The recent rain has helped rejuvenate it and so time to get mowing. I then sorted out the new telephone Joy has had delivered which was incorrectly set up. All sorted now.

The ride home was fine but I was feeling the effects of riding, running and gardening but Juno and I still made the effort to get off to the allotment at West Moors. On the way I noticed a sound outside the van which turned out to be the windscreen washer tank which has broken and was rubbing against the tyre of the front wheel. I pulled over and sorted that out, removing the tank, before continuing on. No real worries at this time of year and we don't really use the motorhome in the winter, so no urgency in getting it sorted. I will get it in the garage in the autumn to be renewed.

The allotment is doing well with french beans and runner beans, especially with good watering in the last 10 days. The tomatoes are star items too with lots to come. I also picked some greens before returning home for a rest. The first thing I am doing is prepping the french beans for freezing. They'll be lovely in the winter months. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...