Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Run and ride in the sun






It was another busy Sunday for us but at least there was no dance this week and no show either. This time we were up early to help out at the Phil and Bonnie Bounder event, runners having the choice of a 6km or 10km course and organised by Sandra, amongst others but she was the public face too. We were there just after 8 and I did the shorter route having only recently gone over on my ankle and seeing the longer route had lots of tree routes and obstacles which might have been a risk.

As it turned out, I came home in third place in the men's race, a bit of a turn up and completely unexpected. I do think there were far fewer runners on the 6km than on the longer race but I'll take that.

In the afternoon the tennis final was on with Bridie and Joy watching it all, Joseph popping in and out and supporting Djokovic. I took the opportunity to have a ride out to Wimborne St Giles and Knowlton Church and the sunshine made it a real pleasure. There was a flock of at least 15 swifts screaming overhead too which was a wonderful sight.
 
 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...