Saturday, July 23, 2022

Allotment harvest







The final photo shows some of the harvest from yesterday's trips to the two allotments. I'd gone to Wimborne first and this was from there with the runner beans cropping for the first time, some more peas, greens and a lettuce, as well as a few potatoes. All very welcome and delicious. As is often the case at this time, everything now comes at once! Actually, the onions, garlic and shallots have been picked and are stored in the utility room and the broad beans cropped early having been sown in the autumn.

There are some nice courgettes coming too and plenty of raspberries following  the heavy strawberry crop.

At West Moors I was able to add some manure to the plot compost bin, as I passed a spot providing sacks of free stuff on the way. I did watering at both sites, although it rained heavily later in the day. The beans are coming on well at West Moors as well now and I did also pick the first tomatoes from the allotment. The huge plant in the final bed continues to grow rapidly but I am still no clearer whether it is a squash or pumpkin. The fruits are already growing large!

I did get the hedge cutting done too, having cut the lawn the day before. Everything is really geared up for the trip to France and that will be the main focus of the blog in future days. I think it is more or less just clothes packing to do, along with final checks on the essential documentation.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...