Thursday, June 16, 2022

Catch up










It's been quite a week and here are some photos to show some of it. Last Saturday, there was a gathering of the female Salmons to go and watch a play about famous women in history at the Lighthouse Theatre in Poole which gave me the chance to get on my bike and over to West Moors to check the allotment. I had a run there too and found the place alive with visitors for a big tournament and for a wedding. The pavements were awash with people and a nice atmosphere. 

On the way back to Woodlands I stopped to watch a bit of cricket at Potterne where Verwood were playing. It looked to be a higher standard than I used to play for the club!

On Sunday I rode over to Wimborne, the home of Wimborne Town FC, where a memorial tournament was being held for Craig Tuley who used to play for the Beermen and who died quite suddenly afetr a cancer diagnosis last year. There was very little time for either Craig or his family to take in the news before he passed away. The shcok is obviously very strong still but it was a wonderful thing to create in his memory and 14 teams entered the competition, including The Beermen who had an enjoyable afternoon, winning once, drawing two and losing three.

It became quite a long visit and by the time I was back on my bike back home, it was 7.00 and I'd a bit to drink which meant a very careful ride home. It wasn't too bad at all but I was shattered when I got in.

Yesterday saw me at West Moors again, this time I took some photos and you can see the veg getting on ok. I wouldn't say much more than that. It's fine but it is nothing like as productive as Wimborne. Some work to do over the winter. In the afternoon I was back on my bike for the second time that day, this time for a short jaunt to the Horton Inn where I had a couple of pints on a difficult day, it being the eve of the first anniversary of mum passing away last June.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...