Friday, May 27, 2022

Sunshine and visitors





Plenty has been going on over the past couple of days starting with yesterday and a meeting I had with others in Woodlands about the setting up of a historical society in the village to work on archived material which has been kept in the Methodist Church for many years. We are looking to get the different documents and photos online and have them catalogued for easy access. Having joined the village hall committee expecting a few meetings a year, I seem to be getting involved in a lot of local initiatives. That's good but I have to be wary of getting too involved and committed.

Juno was excited and ended up wearing her dog bed, as shown above. Our visitors from the USA, Chris and Gale, were here for just the one night but we enjoyed their stay. I collected them from Salisbury train station and we were joined by Joe and his family, Bridie and Joseph and had a great time. Lovely to catch up with them and maybe we will head to Philadelphia next year in return.

I have been cutting the lawns for Joy and took a photo of the back which was covered in daisies and buttercups. It is such a shame to cut them but Joy likes the grass kept tidy. However, we have almost completely complied with 'no mow May'. I noticed a Robin collecting insects and ant eggs from the lawn and borders as I cut the grass. In fact it was one of a pair and they have a nest in the garage. They go under the door to gain entry and to exit. The nest in high in a corner, as above.

The other stand out sighting was the stag beetle which was huge. I hope the photo gives some idea of its size. Very impressive just clinging onto the side wall of the house.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...