Thursday, May 12, 2022

Sorry but it’s the allotment again









It's been another busy day starting with an early dog walk of course but I then stayed in for a while to ensure I could log on to ticket website for Arcade Fire who are performing in London on Sept 8th. I managed to get that sorted plus rail tickets and a hotel near the O2 Arena so Alison and I can make a big deal of the trip. This is a gig both of us have wanted to go to for a long time and it is worht our while splashing out a little for it.

Once complete I parked at QE school and walked down to the allotment where I did a lot of weeding, tidying up the beds, watering, putting straw down for the strawberries, planting and general tidying. The garlic has about another 6 weeks or so to go and there are broad beans ready for picking any day. The transplanted spinach and chard has taken well, I am grateful for yesterday's rain,  and I put together a frame for the peas to climb. That was the exciting discovery on my arrival, the emergence of the peas and with the crop from West Moors too, we ought to have plenty of lovely peas to enjoy through the summer. 

The climbing French beans are up too and the potatoes are looking very good after being earthed up. There are other seedlings coming up too including beetroot and turnip, so a very exciting time. 

I had managed a 5km plus run earlier in the day too and have also included a photo from Remedy Oak golf course where the sun was fantastic first thing.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...