Friday, February 04, 2022

Woodlands walk 4.4 miles








I got soaked this morning on the early morning dog walk. It was forecast and it had started drizzling when I left but it didn't seem likely to come to much until I was half a mile from home and decided to turn round as the rain was definitely getting heavier. In that single movement of turning round I realised the wind had risen and was driving the rain against me, a full frontal attack, which left my shorts and socks and so on wet through.

The photos show a very different sky as they promised sunshine did appear. I went down to Verwood first and got a few things at the new Lidl store, my first visit and I was impressed, and ended up cycling round back roads to complete 7.5 miles. 

After lunch Juno and I were straight out for a 4.4 mile walk round Woodlands, the first lambs in evidence and dozens and dozens of redwing in the fields. She was shattered on her return and crashed out in her basket which is good to see.

Bridie continues to test positive for Covid so we have Joseph for a 9th night in a row. The next obstacle is that Amelia's birthday party for tomorrow is cancelled. She is going to be 5 but she has not escaped Covid and has just tested positive this morning after being identified as a close contact of another child who has tested positive. That's such a shame. Joe's birthday is this weekend too and that is similarly affected.  

No comments:

W allotment

I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for p...