Sunday, February 06, 2022

Springtime but actually the tail end of winter



It's been a very changeable weekend of weather and I've been caught out a few times. However, as you can see, the snowdrops are out and I paused to take some photos during my 5 mile run yesterday. Today was very dull and blowy as I ran a little over 5km and I am now averaging over 16500 steps a day which is well above my target. Another target for the year is to average reading a book a week and I am well ahead with 9 titles already completed, the latest being The Strawberry Thief by Joanne Harris. 

It's not a novel that I'd have read in the past possibly but I have changed quite a bit in recent years (age?) and have found myself drawn in to stories like this. 

Maria achieved her first ever platinum award in dance after her recent tap exam with 91% and was rightly delighted. She has worked so hard and is making real progress. 

There seems to have been an awful lot of FA Cup football on and it was great to see Plymouth perform so well in their tie away at Chelsea. To have taken the lead, to have taken the champions of Europe to extra time and be a missed penalty kick away from penalties is an incredible achievement.

With Celtic winning well and Scotland winning at rugby, Liverpool winning in their tie versus Cardiff, I can't help but feel pleased. These things don't come together too often.  

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...