Tuesday, February 15, 2022

First 10km for a while!

I was pleased to be out with Juno early to make the most of the drier conditions after all the rain on Sunday. Once back home I took to the road and ran a 10km route for the first time since April last year. It wasn't the quickest by any means but it was all about just keeping going and churning out that 6.3 miles.

From that point on I took Juno out for another walk whilst litter picking and then set to cleaning the secateurs, 5 pairs of them. They look a lot cleaner obviously but I gave them a sharpen too , along with a dribble of oil. 

After a bit of lunch I was back out, this time on the bike for a ride down to Verwood. We have applied for child benefit. It just came up out of the blue as we have not applied in the past due to earnings and Maria being our 5th child. However, it looks like we might now qualify for a bit of support. I took the application form down to the post office, a bit puzzled as to why the form cannot be completed online, and then popped into the library.

They are great, libraries. I'd reserved a copy of Shuggie Bain online and was able to collect it today, as well as a few other titles and a number o leaflets about forthcoming local events.

Joseph and Bridie were here for tea and I took Juno out for a final walk meaning I was over 25000 steps by the end of the day.

The shepherds pie was a success; onion, carrot, rosemary and sage with soya mince, miso and tomato puree and peas. It followed a nice lentil soup which the children enjoy.

This morning I have taken Juno out for a 2 mile walk ahead of her trip to the vet later, a 6 month check up, although several weeks late. I also got a 5km run in before the rain which is forecast for the mid morning. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...