Monday, February 28, 2022

End of the month

It being the end of the month I turn immediately to a comparison of how my exercise has gone between January and February and am pleased that I have walked a bit further, ridden a bit further and run a bit further despite there being three fewer days in the month.

I had a lovely early morning walk with Juno up to Remedy Oak golf course before hitting the local paths and roads to run a little over 4 miles and then got on the bike for a ride to the library and back, all of which helped me pull further ahead of January's totals.

Walking - 51 miles

Running - 62 miles

Riding - 109 miles

That means I've clocked up 222 miles this month and spent more time out there than since April of last year. My step count is over 17000 a day and so I am starting to lose some of the weight gain since last autumn following covid, recovery and Christmas. 

The library is going well in terms of giving me access to books not necessarily held there and I managed to get hold of Shuggie Bain by reserving it online and then collecting it a few weeks later. Great service. I am also nearing the end of Half a Yellow Sun on audiobook which is great. I loved Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah and this is equally good.

Having had such a sunny weekend, cold too at times, the grey skies are back and so I am going to look at the allotments in terms of planning for planting and listing what we will need to get the most out of the two plots.

Very happy Liverpool won 11 - 10 on penalties yesterday and just as pleased that BT rang to apologise for the loss of internet last week and have given us credit of £32.00 for the days without the service plus an additional £50.00 following my complaint that there had been no communication from them about the outage or updates as to when it might return. That was a good gesture on their part. It also means that with the rail tickets being refunded, it is just the electric we are waiting to resolve in respect of compensation.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...