Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Tuesday frost


We had a frost last night which meant the fingerless gloves were out again for the dog walks to the woods and round the goat farm, as well as for my 3.5 mile run before lunch. Juno has been enjoying playing with a squeaky santa and is carefully avoiding tearing it apart, as she has with other toys. She has mastered getting it to squeak as well, which is nice.

I got out into the garden earlier and cut the side hedge at the back right back, lowering it by a couple of feet and letting more sky into the view, particularly when looking out the lounge window. Now comes the job of tidying the mess up and getting rid of the pile of branches and leaves which may involve using the wood burner.  I also got the utility room tidied. 

Alison took Maria to dance which meant I got on with the tea - jacket potatoes, lentil dal, curried roast butternut squash and salad. Far from Alison and I enjoying a quiet tea, we've had Joseph for the day as he has been unwell, Bridie on her way back from work to collect Joseph, and Glen too. Every spare moment I thought I had earlier this week has now disappeared with Joe and Kate moving, Joy having some work done in her garden which requires some supervision and a meeting at dance tomorrow.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...