Monday, November 08, 2021

Ill again

 It is very frustrating being ill again not so long since Covid, and in some ways, this is worse as at least with Covid I was sleeping. The irritation in my chest and throat is making me cough and waking me up at stupid times, 2.30 last night, leaving me feeling pretty washed out. I ended up watching Youtube and subscribing to an American Italian guy's channel on cooking and watching a documentary on tudor cooking at Christmas, all good stuff.

On the plus side I had a better day yesterday and got out with Juno and lit a bonfire for the children to play with in the evening. They loved throwing leaves and twigs in and writing on the patio with the charred wood which tubled over the sides of the fire pit. Our old metal chimnea has completely rusted at the bottom now and cannot stand upright, a little bit like myself, and will have to be disposed of. 

Autumn is well underway but we've had pretty good weather for the past week and I've been watching the birds coming into the feeders this afternoon, over 20 starlings rushing in and being spooked, along with goldfinches, blue tits, coal tit and dunnock. We've got a lot of plump wood pigeons flying in and out too.

My book has now sold well in to the hundreds, with 95% of books failing to make it to three figures, I am chuffed to nuts with it and the reviews have been fantastic. I am so pleased and can't quite believe that other people are enjoying reading something I wrote.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...