Friday, October 08, 2021

Autumn


I ran to Verwood yesterday to check the jobs that needed doing in Joy's garden and around the house before enjoying a walk back across Crane Valley golf course. I thought the spider's web looked fantastic and took the photo above but notice that taking it so close up makes the web look enormous! Beautifully constructed.

We'd had a bit of a tragedy earlier at home when I heard a loud thump against the kitchen window. There is a clear imprint of a pigeon with wings extended from its impact with the glass, so strong that it killed the poor pigeon. 

I have enjoyed listening to the audiobook of The Great Circle still, as well as In Our Time which was fascinating on The Manhattan Project. A very informative programme with plenty of links to the present, the scientific community responding to an existential crisis speedily and effectively for example. It also raises the question of whether it was right or wrong to drop the bomb and it is so good to hear the views being represented on both sides and to be reminded more widely that so much of history is difficult to judge and how frequently things come together to create circumstances for something which might otherwise not have happened. I love that idea of things being essentially all over the place but out of that events occur that we try to create a structure and purpose around when the reality seems to be there is none.

Paul came for the night and we had a good evening after a curry which Harry and Glen also enjoyed. I feel I getting better at them these days but it can be a bit hit and miss.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...