Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Running again




I've kind of lost track of the day, as it seems to have been a very long one but it did have an early start with Juno waking me up at 2 to go outside. I did get back to sleep but was up early for a walk with her round the goat farm before breakfast and the school run. Once back I was off on a run, this time 5km and feeling fine, before some hedge trimming and a trip to Joy's to check how things were.

You will see I went on to the allotment and what a time I had picking lots of veg. The potatoes have been outstanding and I got masses from one root, as well as a tub full of raspberries for jam, greens, plenty of beetroot for pickling, lettuce and our first ever turnips. It is incredible how much is growing there.

I made some more blackberry jam, seedless this time, and did a lovely lasagne for tea which Joseph loved. Juno and I got another walk in as dusk fell and the view across the fields with the moon showing was lovely.

The other stuff included lots of time on Duolingo where I am almost at a full year with at least one visit a day and my French and Spanish have definitely come on. There's also been plenty of time for reading and listening, the book I am currently close to finishing is Sebastian Faulks' 'where my heart used to beat' which I am enjoying.

It is worth pointing out that I listened to 'History' by Miles Jupp on Audible recently and absolutely hated it. He is a comedian I like and I expected to enjoy his book a great deal. It made me so annoyed listneing to it with such an unsympathetic lead character and one catastrophe after another. I'll say it again - I hated it.
 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...