Friday, September 17, 2021

Exhausted

It has been a long day but a successful one. I was up for the early morning dog walk and was soon on my road bike for a ride to Three Cross to the garden centre to check if they had any garlic bulbs for planting in the autumn available yet. Sadly, they are not about just yet but it did mean I got a 10 mile ride in, punctuated with a stop at Joy's where I mowed the front and back lawns. made easier at the front now I have cut back the magnolia. It had encroached so far onto the lawn I was struggling to mow around it.

Once back home I cut our hedges and have largely finished then for the year. They are looking good for now and I also did the lawn mowing too. That was followed by a short walk across the road to cut the remainder of Carl's hedge and then back again to cut next door's hedge too. It is so nice having got those jobs out of the way!

Having collected Joseph from school, I took Juno for a walk before satrting on the tea, korma and rice, which went down well with curried red cabbage. 

It's Joseph's 10th birthday and so we have had a bit of birthday cake with him and he is sleeping over tonight before tomorrow's party. Of course, Maria is on the last day of isolation and has tested negative for covid which means we really ought to be getting back to normal.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...