Saturday, September 11, 2021

Covid buster

 



I am a free man at last after what seems an age. It isn't that long really but the confinement of having covid does pale quite quickly, especially when the weather is good and you have a new puppy. However, Maria has tested positive in the meantime, confirmed by PCR test too. That means she is having to isolate now, along with Alison, who continues to feel quite poorly with the virus.

We have had good news over the past few days, Maria having gained a distinction in her acro exam which had been a bit of a struggle for her, a major achievement therefore, and she has also been awarded a solo slot in the half term show in October. She is so pleased, understandably, and just devastated to be missing so much dance over the next week.

I was up early with Juno and got a good walk round the woods at first light and then got on with various jobs including making lentil soup, cleaning out the motorhome thoroughly before setting off for Verwood where I mowed front and back lawns for Joy, did the bird feeders and found her garden fork. I was then off to Potterne with Juno to meet up with Bridie and Joseph and we had a great time meeting lots of new people and other dogs.

Afetr lunch I mowed our lawns, strimmed the grass outside the property, walked Juno again, and vacuumed up and down stairs. Juno and I then took ourselves off the The Albion pub for a pint and she was delighted to find doggie treats and lots of fussing from the staff and other punters.

It has been a very busy day and I feel ok still which is a relief. I did pick 1kg of blackberries ready for jam making tomorrow and am looking forward to going to the allotment too.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...