Sunday, September 12, 2021

Allotment Sunday




 Juno and I were up early again and enjoyed a sunlit walk round the goat farm circle which looks lovely in the photos above. It really does look welcoming. Before long we were off again, this time to the allotment via Verwood where we tried to fix Bridie's window without success. 

The allotment is out of bounds to dogs but I parked there and took Juno for a walk along the banks of the river Stour which provided a stunning backdrop for the walk, a memorable one as it turned out, as Juno ran up to another walker and failed to stop which meant she careered over the edge of a drop of about 8 feet into the water where she managed to sramble out and back up to my outstretched hand. A bit of a fright and possibly a lesson learned.

Back at the car, Juno waited in the boot whilst I strimmed the grass before picking lots of raspberries, greens, beans and potatoes. I also picked a couple of good sized beetroots which have been roasted and taste deliciously sweet. 

At home, I made raspberry jam, 3 jars, and 5 jars of blackberry jam, so plenty to keep us going over the winter.

Juno and I had time for a good walk round the woods in the evening and she is doing well in terms of behaviour and keeping herself from accidents in the house.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...