Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Summer








A lovely day at last. Nice to have some warm sunshine at last. I had a four mile run this morning after the school run and then got on with different bits and pieces including a bit of hedge trimming and a litter pick. The litter bag was completely full by the time I got back which is disappointing. 

Joy came up for the afternoon and a bit of lunch, so it was Bargain Hunt on TV! I took myself off on the bike to Verwood to see if I could get a bench slat to replace a broken piece on a bench Robin had made years ago. There was a great guy in Froud's fencing who looks as if he will be able to cut a piece to size for me. I went to Morrisons next and got a few bits for the meals later in the week. 

I did a toad in the hole for tea and it was very tasty, especially with the curry gravy. 

In the afternoon we had a bit of time in the garden and you can see the cat enjoying a lap to sit in, hollyhocks, a log I drilled holes in which the bees have colonised, a lovely butterfly and the cast off skin of an emerging dragonfly. Very exciting to see that in the pond, at least the second to have emerged recently. 


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...