Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Hedge cutting



I've been down in Verwood on the bike today, visiting the library and then on to Joy's house where I spent a few hours cutting the laurel hedge, just a section of it, and then the rhododendron  bushes. It was quite a feat getting the cuttings packed into the garden waste bin but I got it done. I also filled the bird feeders and weeded the vegetable plot.

I was surprised how wet the back garden was. In fact there is a puddle of water bu the border from the torrential rain we had yesterday.

Before leaving I spent a bit of time finishing off tidying the garage. I have managed to clear away all of the stuff which has no purpose any longer, broken, empty, worn out and so on. There are some useful electric items eg hedge trimmers and pressure washer but there is an awful lot of junk, bits and pieces kept for years just in case.

Once back home I listed to 'To the Lighthouse' whilst walking a mile up to the crossroads and back picking up the litter as I went. It was pleasing to find less than has been the case in the past but still lots of cigarette packets and crisp packets. Just the one empty bottle of Blossom Hill wine today.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...