Saturday, June 05, 2021

Sunny Saturday

 


Having had quite a boozy Friday night, it was a quiet morning after taking Maria to Joe's for her day out with them and a sleepover before we meet up for parkrun tomorrow morning. However, I got out for a 1.5 mile walk and then a 7 mile bike ride after a bit of lunch and enjoyed the warm sunshine. 

It was great to be able to fix the washing machine thanks, as ever, to Google. It looked like the drive belt must have snapped as the drum was no longer spinning but in fact it was just that the belt had slipped off. Getting it back on was fairly straightforward and as a result we didn't have to get an engineer out or incur any additional costs. Very pleased with that.

Lots of people are coming for Sunday dinner tomorrow so I got on and made the nut roast ahead of time whilst making a lentil dahl and butternut squash curry. Definitely making progress in getting the flavours sorted.

I had time to drive to the allotment where I watered the seedlings and enjoyed a bit of cricket. It's a lovely scene above.. With the peas coming up, Alison and I walked to the woods to collect some twigs to put in for the peas to climb.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...