Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Summer heat

No photos today but it was a busy day starting out early with a drive to the allotment to strim the pathways, weed and sow a few more succession beetroot and lettuce, as well as to harvest more strawberries and greens.

From there we went to the garden centre to pick up some hedgehog food in the hope a hedgehog might be around. Then onto Verwood to sow more seeds for Joy and to fill the brid feeders. I also made a start on trimming the hedges but ran out of space in the garden waste bin.

Cue a long run, for me currently, back home whilst Alison did some other chores in Verwood. It was a shade over 5 miles in the warm sunshine with occassional cloud. The pathways were narrowing fast as the growth of plants either side crowded over the seldom used routes. I had the pleasure of listening to 'Sticky Notes' which is a great podcast about classical music. I've just started listening to it, beginning with a two part exploration of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. What a great listen and so helpful to someone like me who knows very little about classical beyond listening to the music.

After lunch I made a rice jolloff which looks to have turned out well, along with lentil burgers. I was able to sneak out for a little ride too, getting on to the mountain bike for a 5 mile slow jaunt round the village.

That means I have riden 109 miles this month and run 56 miles. I was quite happy with these figures after the visit to Scotland but they are well down onalmost 300 miles combined in March. However, that was a far less disrupted time and I was able to exercise for 38 hours that month compared to 23 and 1/2 this.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...