Saturday, June 26, 2021

Back on the allotment again






I cycled to the allotment and back this morning, a little dull overhead but warm enough to be pleasant. It was a lovely visit having done some strimming the other day and knowing what to expect. I got the various beds thoroughly weeded and planted some last beetroot, spinach and chard. I also got the bean supports sorted out and removed some of the protective netting which is no longer required.

I also took down most of the nettles which have sprung up neaxt to the compost heap, leaving a few for the butterflies. Sadly, they are just in the wrong place and I know they would not be welcomed by others on the allotment. It's all looking good with some fantastic looking potatoes and I picked greens for tomorrow's Sunday dinner and a further punnet of strawberries. 

I am putting this separately - the strawberries taste fantastic. My goodness, what a difference to those from the supermarket or even some of them from the garden. I can take them or leave them usually but these were so tasty.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...