Sunday, May 23, 2021

And a quiet Sunday


I wonder if what I mean by quiet is wet? The weather is having quite an effect on our days. It feels a lot nicer being indoors wrapped up against the damp and the cold. Regardless of that, we were out and about early for the Junior Parkrun, a 9.00am start after Amelia and Evie had a sleepover. The ligaments behind my left knee still hurt and I had intended walking the 1.25 miles but Joseph, who had also come along, and Evie were barely walking the course at the start and I had to almost literally drag them into a run. It was a much faster run as a result, a fastest of the year for both, but it did hurt my leg. No running still.

On our return home it was time get the Sunday dinner ready and it was lovely. Roast potatoes, roast red cabbage, roast onion and mushrooms, cabbage, carrots and a nut roast with gravy. 

I got out for a walk before the rain really got going and ahead of the crucial football and managed a couple of miles without too much trouble and mainly listening to Alexei Sayle on Desert Island Discs.

It is worth mentioning that Alison and I watched Into the Wild on Amazon Prime last night. It was quite a shock at the end and the film has had quite an impact on us both. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...