Saturday, May 22, 2021

A Quiet Saturday



I am feeling tired after the vaccination yesterday and am aware I have a headache, not something I usually suffer from. That means having Evie and Amelia over for a sleepover isn't the most relaxing choice we've made in recent days but they have been very good including coming out for a welcome walk round the goat farm. You will see they have done the traditional thing of climbing the wall to walk along its length whilst enjoying the flocks of geese and ducks in the fields on the other side of the wall.

My lethargy has meant I have ended up watching cricket, County Championship game between Middlesex and Surrey, football, various play off games and the Scottish Cup Final plus a little bit of cycling and even a tiny bit of motor racing, qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix. It was enough to see how tight the course is and how demanding the sport is without it ever grabbing my interest beyond that shallow insight.

However, I have also been listening to music and reading, this time a novel by Elizabeth von Arnim, 'The Enchanted April'. It is one of the lovely things about library books in that they don't need to have convinced me before purchasing. There is a fair degree of pot luck involved. 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...