Sunday, April 25, 2021

Barbecue - the first of the year

 



As part of Alison's birthday celebrations and ahead of the trip to RHS Rosemoor, we had our first barbecue of the year on a lovely evening after a day of sunshine. I got the camping stove out too so I could do the onions and sausages and burgers without having to worry about the fire pit which I just filled with wood and used for the jacket potatoes.

We had Bridie and Joseph over, Joe and Kate and the girls, as well as myself, Alison and Maria. However, it was all a bit staggered as Maria had a singing lesson she needed to attend which took her and Alison away for the first apart, whilst Bridie doesn't finish till 6.30 on Friday and so she was late too. I had to do two barbecues essentially because the girls and Joseph were feeling very hungry after school and lots of games when they got here.

I'd been for a brilliant walk around Cranborne and was fortunate to see a red kite from close up as it drifted directly overhead while I walked over farmland. Just over 5 miles done and feeling more prepared for the walk in two weeks.

Bridie gained a promotion at work which was great news and Joe and Kate are busy readying themselves for marriage, a house move and a big party at the end of May. Lots to do.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...