Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Sunshine spring





That's two consecutive days of lovely weather, although yesterday was overcast and chilly to start with. I wasn't able to get out until late morning yesterday but got out on the mountain bike for a ride up Devil's Hill and on to Verwood to get some gardening done at Joy's house. I stopped for a shot of the clear blue sky as I looked over to Verwood near the solar panel fields and took a shot of Joy's front garden after finishing and setting off for the ride home.

I scarified the front lawn as it is full of moss and took out piles and piles. There is a lot more to come but it is a good start and meant I could crack on with cutting the lawn before heading round the back to cut the grass there. Next it was filling the bird feeders and then on to the vegetable plot where I planted Joy's early potatoes. I got a lot done and then home to meet up with the plumber to go through the new Hive app which controls our new heating.

The heating is now scheduled via the app and can be easily adjusted and is absolutely fantastic.

I walked Maisy and walked round the goat farm too and managed a quick blast to run 1.3 miles at good pace. I also finished reading The Man Who Saw Everything by Deborah Levy which I enjoyed a great deal. Plenty of interesting reading of late.

Today I was back on the road bike for quick rides to and from the allotment. Loved riding in the warmth of another sunny day and averaged over 15mph for the first time in a while when riding an extended distance. 

On the allotment I did a little weeding before planting out some strawberries, leek seedlings and rocket. I got some m ore raking and digging done too and very pleased with how it is all going. There's another visit planned for tomorrow to finihs digging and get some seeds in.

I did the school run and walked a couple of miles round Cranborne seeing plenty of chaffinches, a couple of yellowhammers, a brown hare and other hedgerow birds. There was still time for a walk round the goat farm after making tea and getting Maria and Joseph off to dance and tennis respectively.

Certainly busy but loving the sunshine.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...