Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Storm Christoph

I ran 5.25 miles in the teeth of the storm this morning, although to be fair, it was far less fierce than I'd expected. Plenty of surface water on the roads and paths and I slipped a few times on the muddy sections round larger puddles. I quite enjoyed it, looking out for further signs of spring. The snowdrops are up in places now and the birds are defintiely interested in the coming breeding season, most visibly the local rookeries.

As a result of the storm we are having a quiet indoors day in the main, Maria has finished school for the day and is painting the figures she made using the clay collected from Devil's Hill on our walk on Saturday.

One thing worth mentioning from yesterday, when I completed a 5 mile plus run and 2 mile walk, for the record, is that I used a Nick Knowles recipe for tea. We had cannellini beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, herbs and cider to braise vegan sausages in. They were delicious. I'll be doing that one again.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...