Monday, January 18, 2021

Blue Monday

 I understand the naming of the third Monday in January as the most miserable day of the year is entirely spurious, the result of a travel agency creating publicity to boost its profits, and so it proved for us wih a day which was far from miserable.

Maria cracked on with her school work and enoyed learning about Canada and how it compares to China e.g. population density, GDP per capita and so on, as well and English and Maths. She was also researching careers involving DT as part of her work for that subject. Once Alison was back from Verwood, I went out for a run, just over 5.1 miles, listening to 'The History of England' podcast all about the life of Francis Drake.

After a lunch of homemade lentil soup, we went for a walk round the goat farm and then I spent some time editing my novel. I've got to page 81 of around 280 pages, so some little way before I look at how to publish it.

I enjoyed getting tea together, pasta, cannellini beans in a tomato sauce and roasted red cabbage.Whilst Maria did her dance on Zoom, I was able to read some more of 'Hotel du Lac' which I am enjoying in leisurely fashion. It is a book I might not always have enjoyed but it is something I have taken to, although I am not sure why.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...