Friday, January 22, 2021

Frosty run


Quite a drop in temperature today with a frost under the clear blue skies. It was -2 C according to the car, at least in places, and I had to take a bit of care when out running along the roads as the recent rain hasn't cleared meaning there was plenty of scope for one or two patches of ice.

It was just a short run of 3.1 miles as I wanted to ride the road bike down to Verwood later, not a long journey by any means but I know I can't go overdoing things. The ride was just over 5 miles and was nice and easy as the air warmed and the sun got to work. You can see the effects in the photo I took at the midway point of  my run, frost disappearing as the sun moved round and rose higher in the sky.

I also managed a mile walk clearing litter from the road up to the Verwood junction and back before starting on the vegan lasagne for tea tonight.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...