Saturday, January 23, 2021

Another cold day but plenty of time outside enjoying it.



This morning started slowly for us after a late night and I spent a little while watching some cricket, something I've not done for years. It was fairly sedate but nevertheless enjoyable, a good way to begin the day when the attractions of going out in frosty sunshine wasn't too appealing.

When I did get going I went out on the bike and cycled 8 miles before getting back, a shorter ride than intended simply because my hands were freezing. It was painful and I struggled to take the photo at the top as I couldn't feel my fingers pressing any buttons. That meant I was feeling ready for something more when I got back and set out on a 5km run into the golf course and back, the same route as yesterday. Running was a lot  more comfortable than riding.

I was out again shortly afterwards, this time another litter pick a mile up the road and back, to the crossroads and a bit further. Once home, I cleaned the mountain bike and washed the car before taking Maisy for a walk in the afternoon sunshine. 

So although it was cold, it has been lovely getting outside and feeling like spring is almost here - there are snowdrops on the verges and I saw a daffodil open too.  

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...