Monday, December 21, 2020

Winter Solstice



 Feeling a lot better today and managed a 5km run, a 5km walk and a litter pick, all during the shortest day of the year, a suitably damp and grey day but one which has remained rain free for now. The dank countryside looks autumnal rather than wintry as I look back into Woodlands, walking to Remedy Oak which is a local landmark marked with the plaque you see in the second photo. 

I'm working my way through a number of jobs, catching up on correspondence, bins, wrapping, decorations and so on. Nice to be busy and to feel up to the different tasks. Collected a bag of litter as I went to the junction of the Verwood Road and back, lots of disposable coffee cups interestingly. Sad to see when so many people appear to have got themselves the reusable ones but I guess far from everyone.

The rest of the family are playing board games and Alison is knitting. She's been churning out these Christmas figures which are just lovely.


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...