Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Christmas Tuesday

 

We have had a lovely day with visits from Bridie and Joseph, as well as Evie and Amelia, very much part of our family bubble but likely to be parted from us after Christmas with impending restrictions likely to be put in place from Boxing Day.

The children took part in a treasure hunt taking them over the local area before finding the treasure of sweets and poppers, a toy where the spring is pressed down and then pops after a short period. That all went down well and the hunt gave me time to have a 4.3 mile run and to get some lunch prepared. We also put together the reindeer which came from wood cut in our local woods when I took the saw down a few weeks ago.

The festive digger is from my run this morning when I saw it in Cutlers Yard where they are doing impromptu Santa visits, covid secure of course. I also saw a pile of feathers in a ditch as I ran and then a female sparrowhawk which must have been enjoying its kill until disturbed by my clanking feet pounding the tarmac.

I took the photo of the bare branches of a tree whilst walking Maisy. Love the structure and simplicty of it.






 

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...