Saturday, December 05, 2020

Walking in the rain


 The photo from yesterday is of a view in Cranborne where I walked prior to collecting the children after school. The unusual thing about it is the fact it is not raining, Friday being a pretty good day all round despite the cold. On the other hand, my walks on Thursday and this morning, both 5 miles, were undertaken in pouring rain which I am pleased to report my waterproof trousers coped with but the upper half was a different story, especially on Wednesday when I had two waterproof jackets on, knowing one of them was utterly useless but believing the weather wasn't that bad and would likely improve further. 

I left that jacket behind at Joy's as it was a waste of time using it on the return journey. I ended up having the rain leak onto my arms and shoulders.

The walk this morning, I went to Morrisons to buy ingredients for Sunday dinner tomorrow was unexpectedly difficult as a result of the sodden ground which meant I had to skirt round certain parts as the water was so deep. It was a surprise to me that there had been quite so much rain overnight.

At least I was better prepared this time and got home with just a soaking wet rucksack to dry out. 

The compensation was that I enjoyed listening to the audible book (Cormoran Strike) as I paddled my way along the paths which were full of running water. 


No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...