Friday, November 27, 2020

Rebus


I have been listening to the latest Rebus novel on audible and am enjoying it enormously. It's quite a series of novels these days and there are familiar tropes and themes but they do seem to reflect the changing times, in this case the fallout from Brexit and perhaps a growing realisation that Scotland is a more complex country than the whisky, shortbreadand haggis might suggest, more likely to succeed as an independent nation. Of course, that may be just me reading my prejudices into the text.

It was nice to get a few niggly little jobs done yesterday, relaying some bricks in the retaining wall by the patio and sorting out the gate post to the back gate which has become loose over time. 

Amelia and I had a lovely time at the park in Verwood too and were on the lookout for signs of Christmas. Lots of lights up already - brilliant. I like them anyway but we need them this year,

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...